Sunday, January 07, 2007

Ethics, or maybe just Middletheks

Is there a morality to this blog? Do I have Standards that I will not Compromise?

It had never really occurred to me to ask. I try not to embarrass people; I try not to be mean; I try not to spread misinformation. But these are really life statements about myself that my web site ought to reflect.

Then out of the blue I get not one but two emails from something called Tamar: The Search Conversion Agency. Will I accept between £30 and £50 per annum to put sponsored links on the site? They've sent me some sample URLs of existing customers who have taken up the offer and they all seem kosher. The links are all for travel insurance. I don't know if you get a good deal or not.

But ... I don't want content on my site that I can't guarantee. Now you ask. So no, thanks, I am turning down the kind offer of between £30 and £50 per annum.

Stick another 0 on the end and ... hopefully I would say exactly the same thing. But who knows?

1 comment:

  1. lol... i don't know if i could say no. The exchange rate from pounds to rands is very favourable for me.....

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.