Friday, May 05, 2006

Random news

Came home to an excited letter from Random House, who have signed a deal with a company called iCue to sell selected RH titles for distribution to mobile phones. They have selected a list of launch titles which should appeal to iCue's demographic and New World Order is one of those.

So for anyone who likes deathless prose on a tiny little screen rather than in a comfortably handheld treeware volume, this is your chance.

I'm intrigued by that demographic. NWO's protags are a middle-aged neanderthal and a half-human teenage boy. If iCue has achieved market penetration in these traditionally overlooked sectors, then I say good for them.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:17 pm

    Congratulations! I just picked up New World Order here in New Zealand and I noticed Whitcoulls (stationery/book chain store) has sold all of their copies. I can't seem to find your books at any of the other shops, although our library has a copy of Xenocide Mission. I'll probably try Amazon for the rest instead of the cellphone, but I hope this new experiment goes well ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first two are out of print and you have to rely on eBay or abebooks. At least, that's until my present publisher decides he really should republish them (and he's been invited to the wedding, which hopefully will mean he's surrounded by baying Ben fans who help him see the light ...)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.