Thursday, May 18, 2006

I bet Skynet never had this problem

The Calvin & Hobbes site has suddenly decided it requires Flash Player 8 to display an inanimate cartoon strip. I don't have the required administrator privileges to install it, so I either have to sacrifice a virgin chicken to IT Support at the next full moon or read it at home. Read cartoons during my hours off work? What's this outlandish concept?

Meanwhile, the ordering facility at allofmp3 has been temporarily unavailable for a quite unreasonable definition of "temporary".

So all in all, current mood: technosceptic.

4 comments:

  1. allofmp3 was up and working again 2 days ago, but now checking it again just now it does not seam to exist "Server not found". I wonder if this is also temporary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They seem to be back and I got some stuff off them yesterday. But my final track has been "encoding" for the last 18 hours ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:44 pm

    Allofmp3.com quite cheap and good store, but very often its temporarly closed. Actually I found another good and cheap store - www.mp3sale.ru - russian as well. And you know I dont care that FIAA dont approve this kind of organizations (allofmp3.com, mp3sale.ru, etc.), cause its just import from abroad for me. I can easily go to russia and buy licensed CD for $1,5, so why I cant buy the same in internet at russian web-site?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've now get everything I asked for off allofmp3.com. My concern with any site like this is whether the money you pay goes to the artists. Since I gather it does with allofmp3.com, that's fine by me! But that is also why I don't do peer-to-peer file sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.