Wednesday, February 27, 2008

An earthquake is erupting but not on the A415

Woke up a little before 1 last night, absolutely convinced that the bed was shaking, and in the dark across the room I distinctly heard something fall over. Lay awake for a while.

No car alarms, no dogs barking, no sign of civil unrest or discord, no sound of anything else in the house falling over, Best Beloved still fast asleep. Decided I must have been imagining it - there was no earthquake.

Except that apparently there was.

2 comments:

  1. What makes this story odd is that almost 24 hours before the earthquake, I'd been sat on my bed convinced the pressure was weird and that I could hear distant rumbling...

    I've never in my life thought I could hear an earthquake a long way away except for just then. Heh coincidence :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your title is a 'Madness' lyric reference, and I claim my 500 pounds...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.