Wednesday, August 01, 2007

As long as you don't mind the occasional strained pause ...

I've heard jokes about it but have never encountered the phenomenon until just now. The sound of a co-worker, in the toilet cubicle, talking on his mobile.

And he hadn't just gone in there for a private conversation because I heard the sound of paper being pulled and-

I'll stop now.

No, I won't. I'll assume for the sake of charity that he received the call rather than initiated it. Still curious about the etiquette. Do you reveal your location to the caller?

Yet another reason why videophones will never catch on.

Now I'll stop.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you reveal your location. If I ring someone and they're in the bath, I can tell they're in the bath, so it's better if they say 'by the way I'm in the bath'. With toilets, I wouldn't *call* someone from the toilet, but I have been known to go to the toilet while on the phone -- usually because the conversation is turning out to be longer than expected... but I always pre-announce. And there aren't many people who have been, er, privy to that course of action.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.