Monday, July 30, 2007

I’ll always be proud to be British

How can I not be when we have our very own Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain?

Major Clanger reports that at a recent folk festival he heard them performing Anarchy in the UK, Smells like Teen Spirit, Shaft and Life on Mars. Tracks you can download (a snip at £1 each) on their website include:
  • Wonderful Land (well, of course)
  • Should I Stay Or Should I Go
  • Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
  • The Dambusters march
  • Wuthering Heights
  • Teenage Kicks
Alternatively you can listen to extracts of the above. Wuthering Heights is done in a bass, Johnny Cash-type growl which is really quite surreal.

I love this land.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you've discovered the UO of GB. They have an album that you buy commercially and everything. (Well, they don't really have everything, but the album is a start.) 'The Secret of Life', I think it's called.

    They could also be heard during Radio 4 coverage of last year's (or was it the previous year's?) Edinburgh Fringe. Their "Miss Dynamitee-ee" is chucklesome.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.