Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Woo-hoo! I is scientific geniuz

Possibly.

A slash-wrist-inducing somewhat depressing report in the Times says that examiners have been told to make science exams easier.

A sample GCSE physics paper from November 2006 is given, along with the answers.

Yours truly has just cruised 75% in ten minutes, referring to nothing but my memories of O-level physics from 26 years ago (which I had to take twice to scrape a C). Could someone of a young persuasion tell me what grade that might get?

They didn't do P1V1 over T1 = P2V2 over T2, which is the only equation I remember.

3 comments:

  1. 75% would easily be a B

    nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I got 75% too, and I dropped Physics at 13 because I didn't like my Physics teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simon tells me an A at least (and we all know what Simon says is true). I'm feeling better and better about this.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.