Sunday, August 05, 2007

Is there a test?

"Tibet’s living Buddhas have been banned from reincarnation without permission from China’s atheist leaders."
I spent a long time thinking how to paraphrase that line from Times Online, but eventually decided, why tamper with art?

This is part of a 14-part regulation issued by the State Administration for Religious Affairs, aimed at limiting the influence of Tibet’s exiled god-king. Okay, that's the first part. What are the other 13?
  1. No reincarnating without permission.
  2. I mean it.
  3. Think I'm joking?
  4. Look, mush, no freakin' reincarnating, right?
And so on.

I wonder if you have to submit a recent photo with the application form.

2 comments:

  1. kind of puts an end to that religion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the current Dalai Lama has already declared that he won't be reincarnated in Tibet or China. Loophole!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.