Saturday, September 02, 2006

Statcounter tales

For some time I've been using Statcounter to get the details of who comes calling to this blog. Hence for instance I know that yesterday someone working at kuwait.army.mil (Headquarters Usaaisc) in New Jersey came here via a search for "naked girls". And, now I've written that, will probably come here again.

Lately Statcounter has done a deal with Google Analytics so that I can display a map of where everyone has come from. Except that the map stops at about 150 degrees W and 150 degrees E - in other words it leaves out a full 60 degrees of the planet, which includes the east coast of Australia, most of the Pacific and all of New Zealand. (And the west bit of Alaska, but who cares?)

So apologies to you eastern Aussies, Kiwis and Polynesians. Google doesn't care but I still think you're lovely.

2 comments:

  1. and you've just got three people coming from the google reader page (me, me and...me), which statcounter doesn't seem to pick up, but analytics does.

    I don't see why you need the google map on statcounter when analytics gives you a nice blown up one.

    Just because it gives some clever people at statcounter the chance to show off with the google api.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that clever, since the Google map manages to show the whole world. Well, apart from Antarctica and the tiniest tip of Tierra del Fuego.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.