What else do I remember ...
- my bride alighting from her car and looking absolutely beautiful. And then getting back in again so the photographer could capture the moment.
- sweltering heat; temperatures inside my hired suit approaching the temperature inside Chernobyl shortly before it became world famous.
- wrath-of-God-type thunderstorm as we were having our drinks afterwards.
- a swirl of smiling faces, everyone apart from one whiny six year old (and who cares?) seeming to be happy and enjoying it; everyone there special to at least one of us and wishing us well.
- year 9 girl sitting on year 11 boy's bike and refusing to move until he offered to marry her. (Me: "It would make a lovely match." Her dad: "Well, for her, maybe ...")