Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Norfolk and good

For some reason I’ve been thinking of weddings recently and I suddenly remembered one such that we went to a couple of years ago, in Norwich. It was at a relatively early stage in our relationship, and while I was phoning around B&Bs in darkest Norfolk I asked – hypothetically – if all the single rooms were sold out, did we feel brave and mature enough to risk sharing a twin room? Feeling was that yes, we did. As it turned out this wasn't an issue because two singles were found quite easily.

It was a lovely ceremony, reception was fun too, and the happy couple were waved off into the pouring October rain. We repaired to our B&B, kissed goodnight and chastely withdrew to our separate chambers. And as I unpacked, I had a sudden insight into how God likes to combine protection and a sense of humour.

I’d forgotten to pack my pyjamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.