Sunday, September 30, 2007

Strange things women say

Abingdon is not a good place for buying men's clothes. There used to be a Burtons. There used to a Ciro Citterio. Now it's all girly boutiques and trendy pre-stressed stuff that's fine for the trendy casual look, not so much for stuff I might actually want to wear. Especially trousers.

Trousers need to fit two measurements, waist and leg. There's plenty of trousers with my leg length but they all seem to stop one waist size too small. When trousers get to my waist size, leg lengths start getting shorter. Trouser manufacturers seem to think anyone with my waist size is short and fat rather than tall and perfectly proportioned.

Best Beloved still suggests that the easiest way to get trousers would be to come down a waist size.

Honestly. Way to miss the point or what.

4 comments:

  1. It's certainly thinking outside the box, isn't it! I have trouble finding trousers long enough, so following your lovely lady's advice, should I cut a few inches out of my legs? Clearly not practical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opposite problem. When renting a dinner jacket they did not have one tall enough/thin enough in for me in a single jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another opposite problem -- as women's sizes go up, the legs get longer, ie they assume that if you're a size 16 you'll be a good 2 inches taller than if you're a size 10. As I have not been a size 10 for many years, I normally end up having to cut those 2 inches off the bottom of my trousers. Perhaps we should both try cross-dressing. Or I should buy some giant platform boots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no sympathy. I bought size 10, short leg trousers yesterday and will still have to take them up about 4 inches. Who are all these giants?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.