Thursday, February 22, 2007

Hours of endless fun

There's a very silly but addictive game to be played with book titles and author names. I remembered it in my publisher's office yesterday, looking at the cover of a book by new writer Peadar O'Guilin. The cover text was laid out:

Peadar O'Guilin
THE INFERIOR

and I thought how wise it was to do it that way round. Putting his name second would have been unfortunate.

See how the game is played?

Other contenders include Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone J.K. Rowling and the legendary The Sheep Look Up John Brunner. And there's many more here, of which my personal favourites include:
  • Fear L. Ron Hubbard
  • The Wolves of Willoughby Chase Joan Aiken
  • Flush Virginia Woolf
  • A Time to Kill John Grisham
But you may have your own, or even better, track down some new ones.

3 comments:

  1. Will not we fear C.E.T. Warren and James Benson

    Lightly Poached Lillian Beckwith

    The Book of I Am Peter Dunsten

    Ahh, literary games. There truly aren't enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the harry potter one.
    made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, and I just remembered another childhood favourite - The Eagle of the Ninth Rosemary Sutcliffe.

    Come on, Challis, you can play too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.