Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Your call REALLY IS important to us

Well, I wasn't expecting that. Contents insurance is up for renewal, so I called the company, and got the usual Boolean "If ... Then ..." instructions, plus a quite lengthy litany on what this company is and isn't empowered to do, then a return to the Booleans. Finally I seemed to be through, but of course all operatives were busy, so I settled down to a nice half hour of Brian Eno's greatest hits punctuated by esteem-lowering protestations that my call is important, no, really.

But then, get this, I got the option to enter my phone number and they would call me back. So I did, and they did, and within 10 minutes I was giving my card details to a nice Welsh lady.

Every other company in the entire world with an automated switchboard, please take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.