Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Sevens

M'fellow Warrior for the Lord Tweed has set me this challenge, a meaningless list of lists in no particular order:

SEVEN...

...THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE

  1. Explore the lost civilisations of South America
  2. Visit the wreck of the Titanic
  3. Get really good at guitar
  4. Go to Mars
  5. Learn Swedish
  6. Learn to fly a helicopter
  7. Write a successful screenplay

...THINGS I CANNOT DO

  1. Think of the Daily Mail without contempt
  2. Be remotely interested in soap operas, sport or reality TV
  3. Regard the prospect of an over-crowded, over-loud party where everyone is expected to have a good time with anything other than fear and loathing
  4. Tolerate bad logic and/or science and/or theology and/or writing
  5. Speak Urdu
  6. Enjoy rap
  7. Remember faces

...THINGS I SAY MOST OFTEN

  1. Stupid bloody machine
  2. Exactly
  3. Oi!
  4. Not interested
  5. Your reckon?
  6. Yer what?
  7. Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen

...BOOKS I LOVE (my own not included)

  1. I, Claudius
  2. Ender’s Game
  3. Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
  4. Dune
  5. The Cruel Sea
  6. Jan Guillou’s Templar trilogy (they must be available in one volume ...)
  7. The Sacred Diaries of Adrian Plass / Horizontal Epistles of Andromeda Veal / Theatrical Tapes of Leonard Thynn (ditto)

...FILMS I COULD WATCH OVER AND OVER

  1. Alien(s)
  2. The Day the Earth Stood Still
  3. The Iron Giant
  4. The Jungle Book
  5. Master and Commander
  6. North by North West
  7. Once Upon a Time in the West
  8. GalaxyQuest
  9. Forbidden Planet

I know that’s 9, so I’ll deduct two from the next.

...PEOPLE TO DO THIS NEXT

  1. Daniel Matthews
  2. Dhon Do
  3. Joel Gilmore
  4. Michael Gilmore
  5. Rico Garron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.