Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The city that never sleeps

I was forgetting! Of course there's a computer on the North American continent with web access. We brought it with us. So, greetings from the wifi network of the Millennium Hotel, UN Plaza, New York. Here's the view down 1st Avenue from my room on the 34th floor.



Look a little further to the left and we're right next to the UN, but frankly from this distance it just looks like another skyscraper. More picturesque photos may follow. At the moment I'm just getting my feet under the table.

The journey started with a mild setback in that we got to Gloucester Green at 04.40 to catch the 04.45 National Express to Heathrow ... and found it had already left. Not impressed, rude letters will be sent, refunds will be demanded. Came by Oxford Tube Airline service instead. But everything else has been smooth as clockwork, and if that's the worst setback then everyone is smiling.

I've been up since 3am and my body clock says it's 5.30pm. Unfortunately New York thinks it's half past midday. Oh well. I'll probably find something to do. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.