Saturday, May 19, 2007

China in your hand

Say I'd visited a friend and seen that the inner rim of their toilet had a massive chunk measuring approx 1.5" x 2" missing from it. I might have wondered, "how on earth does anyone do that to a toilet?" And I would probably have enjoyed a quiet glow of moral superiority, knowing that whatever they had done, I never would.

Until last night. Look, all I did was take the top off the cistern to study the valve which seemed to be leaking a little. And we don't go for yer cheapo plastic toilets in this house, no sir - it's Royal Doulton Vitreous China or nothing. Meaning that the lid of the cistern is a fairly solid, dense object. So when it slips from your hand and impacts on the top of the bowl, it's no laughing matter.

Interesting how we see different bright sides of things. My bright side is that it landed corner-on, as any other angle would probably have snapped it. The impact made an indentation in the top of the bowl and knocked this chunk out of the inside rim, as reported.

Best Beloved's bright side is that it hit the bowl, not my foot.

Anyway, the chunk has now been superglued back; results are awaited with interest. The key thing is that the ability of the bowl to hold fluids with 100% integrity has not been compromised. Phew.

Bearing in mind recent posts about putting too much information online, I will spare you a photo.

Current Music: "Porcelain", Moby

1 comment:

  1. I imagine we will cope without the picture. I always wondered why we had a superglue line on our toilet bowl which was done by the previous owners, now I can hazard a guess... aliens got to be.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.