Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I can't help it, I'm a romantic fool

And the answers are ...
  1. I get high on a buzz then a rush when I'm plugged in you [Goldfrapp / Strict machine]
  2. See the little nuclei, bursting full of information / There's a need to regulate / bring it down to cells and plasma [The Stranglers / Genetix]
  3. Stuck inside these four walls, sent inside forever [Wings / Band on the run]
  4. I love the colourful clothes she wears [Beach Boys / Good Vibrations]
  5. Well she got her daddy's car and she drove through the hamburger stands now [Beach Boys / Fun Fun Fun]
  6. Psychic spies from China try to steal your mind's elation / Little girls from Sweden dream of silver screen quotations [Red Hot Chili Peppers / Californication]
  7. What's up with my heart when it skips a beat? (skips a beat) [The Coral / Dreaming Of You]
  8. I've been waiting for so long to come here now and sing this song [Howard Jones / New Song]
  9. Where it began, I can't begin to knowin' [Neil Diamond / Sweet Caroline]
  10. Life isn't always easy / This we know my friends / I thought you knew where to go / But you were following me [Turin Brakes / Over and Over]
  11. All I wanna do when I wake up in the morning is see your eyes [Toto / Rosanna]
  12. Hot town, summer in the city / back of my neck getting dirty and gritty [Lovin' Spoonful / Summer in the City]
  13. Well did I tell you before, when I was up, anxiety was bringing me down [Talk Talk / Talk Talk]
  14. When are you going to come down? When are you going to land? [Elton John / Goodbye Yellow Brick Road]
  15. Every day I recognise what's deceased and what's alive [The Coral / Pass it on]
  16. Sleep like a baby / my little lady / dream till the sunrise / creeps into your eyes [Tony Christie / Avenues & Alleyways]
  17. Winters cityside / Crystal bits of snowflakes all around my head and in the wind / I had no illusions that I'd ever find a glimpse of summers heatwaves in your eyes [Alphaville / Big in Japan]
  18. Oh, the night is my world / city light painted girl / in the day nothing matters / it's the night time that flatters [Laura Branigan / Self control]
  19. In the beginning was the word, man said: Let there be more light. Electric scenes and laser beams, neon lights to light the boring nights [Hazel O'Connor / Eighth Day]
  20. I never used to cry 'cos I was all alone / For me, myself and I is all I've ever known / I never felt the need to have a hand to hold / In everything I do I take complete control [Lene Lovich / Lucky Number]
  21. I am the one who guided you this far / All you know and all you feel [Genesis / Duke's Travels]
  22. Out on the street I was talking to a man / He said "there's so much of this life of mine that I don't understand" [Gerry Rafferty / Get it right next time]
  23. Here comes Johnny Yen again / With the liquor and drugs and the flesh machine [Iggy Pop / Lust for life]
  24. I'm your only friend / I'm not your only friend / But I'm a little glowing friend / But really I'm not actually your friend / But I am [They Might Be Giants / Birdhouse in your soul]
  25. Love is a burnin' thing and it makes a fiery ring [Johnny Cash / Ring of fire]
  26. What's the matter with the clothes I'm wearing? Can't you tell that your tie's too wide? Maybe I should buy some old tab collars? Welcome back to the age of jive [Billy Joel / It's still rock and roll to me]
  27. Vodka intimate, an affair with isolation in a Blackheath cell [Marillion / Fugazi]
  28. My daddy had a 68 Camero / When I was sixteen he went out of town [Cliff Richard (Heaven help me) / What car?]
  29. Are you really going out with Adolf? Ooh yeah! [Boomtown Rats / I never loved Eva Braun]
  30. I pictured a rainbow / You held it in your hands / I had flashes / But you saw the plan [The Waterboys / The whole of the moon]
  31. When I was a little girl I had a ragdoll / only doll I've ever owned [Tina Turner - or technically, Ike & Tina Turner / River deep, mountain high]
  32. You'll say that we've got nothing in common / No common ground to start from and we're falling apart [Deep Blue Something / Breakfast at Tiffany's]
  33. I once met a man with a sense of adventure / He was dressed to thrill wherever he went [Kirsty McColl / In these shoes?]
  34. Marie has set up home with a man who's half my age / A halfwit in a leotard stands on my stage [The All-Seeing I & Tony Christie / Walk like a panther]
  35. When I die and they lay me to rest / gonna go to the place that's the best [Norman Greenbaum (or Doctor & the Medics or - pah - that Gates boy / Spirit in the sky]
  36. It was a slow day and the sun was beating on the soldiers by the side of the road [Paul Simon / The boy in the bubble]
  37. I'll protect you from the hooded claw / Keep the vampires from your door [Frankie Goes to Hollywood / The power of love]
  38. I've got sunshine in my stomach, like I just rocked my baby to sleep [Genesis / In the cage]
  39. Your cruel device / Your blood, like ice / One look could kill / My pain, your thrill [Alice Cooper / Poison]
  40. That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane ... [R.E.M. / It's the end of the world as we know it]
And the bonus point - Martha & the Muffins, with the immortal "Echo Beach", faraway in time.

1 comment:

  1. rats!
    i should have got 5 & 39, i know those!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.