Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Foreigners are funny because they're different

First there was the checkout girl at the supermarket, wearing a badge saying "Kopp av mig". Because of Sweden’s liberal attitude to the letter 'K' – which is modified depending on which vowel follows it, and the side of the bed you got out of that morning – it is pronounced 'shop av mig' and just means 'buy from me'. But I think my inner child was awoken by the sight of a girl wearing a badge apparently inviting you to cop, and after that it just kept regressing.

Like the road sign apparently showing a pair of buttocks and the word 'farthinder' – i.e. traffic calming. Sadly, I didn't take a photo but there's one here.

Or the popular chain of stores that will need some rebranding before it launches in the UK.



The brand of sponge fingers that you probably won’t see on the shelves soon ...


... and my personal favourite, the chocolate bar designed to appeal to small or regressed boys everywhere.


I'm back. Fuller report to follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.