Wednesday, March 19, 2008

So very busted

There are times ...

Like, the time earlier this year when the Boy was (for some reason) browsing Amazon on my computer rather than his for games. And I was hoping and praying he wouldn't look at the "recently viewed products" which was a long list of titles like Counselling Bereaved Children and Helping Teenagers with Grief.

I've just been doing some random surfing, blogs of blogs of blogs, and come across a reprehensible little gem on Amazon called Affair! How to Have your Cake and Eat It, which seems to be a self-help guide to conducting a successful extramarital affair.

Excuse me, I am now off to explain to my lovely wife how that came to be in "recently viewed".

3 comments:

  1. My laptop is nearest the kitchen, so there are times when my visiting stepchildren ask if they can use it to access the internet. Sure, I say, I'll just... and I Clear Private Data (can be done at a stroke in Firefox).

    It's not that I want to have my cake and eat it, more that I think my surfing is my own affair. M and I would no more share a log-in than we would share a current account. I just checked this with him for fairness and he agreed. Though he added that we *would* share a currant bun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's coming back ... He had Christmas money, I have a credit card, so I was buying the game on his behalf.

    Clear Private Data sounds a useful toy, but if you've logged in to Amazon or any other remote site, would it reach that far? I suppose it depends on whether they get their information from cookies or their own records (to answer my own question).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good question. I don't know... but Amazon do give you an option to delete all items in your browsing history, or turn it off completely. Which sounds like it might come in handy...
    What *I* hate is when you buy your mum a Maeve Binchy novel and it carries on recommending them to you till the end of time.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.