Friday, March 14, 2008

Get back on board


My first venture into self-publishing one of my out-of-print titles with lulu.com resulted in a grand total of four sales and the book's unexpected re-issuing by my present publisher. So let's see what happens this time. Yes, His Majesty's Starship, my debut, is now available again.

Here's how it originally looked. See what I did with the new cover?


I'm quite pleased with the combination of navy rings, stars and Photoshop ripple effect to knock up the insignia of my future space navy. Less pleased with the typeface, but I couldn't really find one (or a colour) on the lulu.com system that worked on the background. The title on the original cover was defined more by the absence of lettering but that couldn't be done here. I should probably have just created my own cover file from scratch and uploaded that. Hmm, project ...

Support independent publishing: buy this book on Lulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.