Monday, January 07, 2008

All you need to know about Jeremy Clarkson

So, Jeremy Clarkson didn't believe in identity fraud. "Honestly, I've never known such a palaver about nothing," he apparently said in his column in the Sun (pa-la-ver .... surely rather a long word for the Sun?), about the loss of the two CDs by HMRC containing 25 million people's personal details. To prove his point, he kindly published his account details in the same column - name of bank, account number and sort code - on the grounds that "All you'll be able to do with them is put money into my account."

Can you guess what happened?

It could have been worse: someone simply set up a £500 direct debit from his account to a charity. Whether JC has since cancelled the direct debit isn't recorded.

Plonker.

2 comments:

  1. hahah X) thanks ben, made me chuckle so it did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! I used to defend Clarkson staunchly, believing him to be from my hometown of Rotherham. I recently found out he isn't (he just worked for the Rotherham Advertiser for a while) so now I feel free to revile him as he deserves...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.