Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's December, there must be something wrong with the car

Let's recap on its previous seasonal achievements.

Is it fluid draining out of the power steering? Not so far.

Is it one of the battery terminals corroding off and thus leaving the car completely dead (only a miraculous residual charge meaning you can even unlock the thing)? No, but focus on the unlocking.

I have discovered that the driver side passenger door only responds fitfully to the central locking. It may lock or unlock with the rest of the car ... or it may not. Thus making life interesting by choosing to stay locked when the rest of the car is open - which isn't really such a problem - or choosing to stay open when the rest of the car is locked. Which could lead to awkwardness.

I shall squirt WD40 into the lock, and if that doesn't work then it's beyond economical repair.

UPDATE: it's beyond economical repair, but I expect I'll get it done anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the WD40 reminder. ;6t'py5;'/%6ty

    Sorry that was Snowy. I'm very impressed with the % as that would have involved the shift key - which is why I've left it in.

    My central locking has been intermittently not locking the car at all, so I shall do the WD40 thing and see if it helps.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.