Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Corporate and bilingual

Just been doing some web surfing to see if I need a visa for Canada next month. (I was pretty sure I didn't, and I was right, but you know how these panic attacks can be ...)

I'm pleased to be able to report that the Canada Border Services Agency "delivers innovative border management". Or, if you like (this is Canada) L'Agence des services frontaliers du Canada "assure une gestion novatrice de la frontière". Which means pretty much the same thing.

I personally wouldn't want my border services agency to be innovative. I would want them to keep the bad guys out and let the good guys in, which as far as I'm aware is a quite traditional interpretation of the role. Any development thereon may not be such a good thing.

I await the innovativity both with interest and avec l'intérêt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.