Saturday, June 30, 2007

I said it! I said it!

Some background.

My colleague C leaves us this autumn to go to drama school, making a stab at becoming a professional actress. She is already a pretty good amateur one, with numerous stage appearances and even a couple of small speaking parts on TV.

So, she's an actress. Hold that thought.

This year's summer works do was a Kingmaker Feast at Warwick Castle. In honour of the event, most of us dressed up in a variety of medieval costumes. (A photo may follow in a later post.) My colleague B was there as a bishop, with purple skullcap and long black robe and large cross.

A bishop. Hold that thought.

B hadn't done his robe up in a couple of places, so C said, "shouldn't that be buttoned up?"

And I said-

I actually said-

"As the actress said to the bishop."

YES!

4 comments:

  1. Mr Jeapes, the Royal Society Of Cheap Humorists And Dodgy Punsters salutes you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad to report that obviously hilarious joke went over my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Different generation, mate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahah, moments like that must be treasured. Well done sir.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.