Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hold page 7 of the Education supplement!

The Guardian did a fairly decent review of The New World Order yesterday: see http://education.guardian.co.uk/egweekly/story/0,,1713794,00.html. Which is nice.

It's the first time, I think, that I've looked closely at the Guardian since the many years ago when I was desperately trying to find a publishing job outside London - somewhere, anywhere! - and hit on Oxford. In those days (and maybe still?) the Guardian's Monday Creative, Arts & Media section was the place to look. How well I remember my eyes straining against that forbidding utilitarian black type. It must have been the last of the major dailies to grasp the concept of design. Stalin wouldn't have enjoyed the paper's politics, but he would have enjoyed looking at it.

And now it's the visual equivalent of the trendy wine bar. How things change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.